Thursday, December 3, 2009

A lotta labor for little reward

A lotta labor for little reward
The lesson plan, the dreaded task that all beginning education majors can wait forever to start. My literacy class this semester has assigned a lesson plan based around a book we read in class, we are suppose to create a lesson for a fifth grade class involving the text and a metacognative reading strategy. Let’s just say that I was more willing to stand out in the rain to write this lesson plan. I wanted to start early but failed at that, I started working on it two days before it was due, early for me but I was still uncomfortable with the time frame. The example we were given in class was over fifth teen pages, just the concept of writing about a book I didn’t much like and about a lesson I created yet didn’t quite understand was not to appealing . How was I going to do this?
My solution, I locked myself into the spare bedroom in my house, it only has a desk, white walls and a old mattress. Nothing to appealing other than writing the plane. I spread my papers all over the floor and for about an hour just looked at one and put it back down then another and repeat. I was trying to wrap my mind around what I was trying to get across in my lesson but was having a hard time figuring out how to accomplish it. Finally it hit me, I figured out how to write this dreadful piece, I stopped thinking so much and just wrote out what came to mind. Well it worked after about ten hours, many broken pencils, a box of cereal, and kick in the pants from my roommate I finished it.
Don’t worry I went back later and made sure it all made sense, but let’s not dwell on the fact that it was done before the rest of my class even started, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment